Wednesday, February 7, 2007

some things I bought

so I was walking to my bathroom to wash my face when the extreme lemony scent overtook me, I was like what the hell has my bathroom smelling like thing? then it hit me, my newish fetish SOAP: Ya'll already know I"m on my natural organic lifestyle but my mom put me on to the black soap about a year and half ago because she wanted to help me clear my face so I had been using the black soap before I began my other transformations.. it also helped that my insecent shop (Shout out to Herbal Essence @ PG Plaza) kept the black soap ; 2 bars for 5$ best deal ever! So back to the bathroom I had forgotten that I had went on a binge and bought 2 bars of soaps I've never tried before another brand of regular black soap and Lemon Grass and Tea Tree Oil soap, because I still had bars of soap I was using I had stocked those two in my medicine cabinet. That lemon grass is STRONG but smells so good...i have to find the right scent of lotion to match it before i break it out.. But yet check out http://www.afrikanrepublic.com to see wide variety of soaps esp if your local area doesn't have that connection. And please believe the black soap does clear and smooth out your completion.. I've put 2 of my coworkers on to that and natural shea butter and they both have noticed improvements...






Well.. I"m kinda on a shopping fast again Started 1 Feb.. but I snuck in and bought an e-book reader 31 Jan.. I had been researching this device for a while and incase you don't know what one is/does let me break it down:
Courtesy of Wikipedia: An
e-book (also: eBook, ebook), sometimes called an electronic book, is an electronic (or digital) equivalent of a conventional printed book. The term has occasionally been used ambiguously to refer to either an individual work in a digital format, or a hardware device used to read books in digital format, more specifically called an e-book device or e-book reader.


E-books have been out for a while.. back in the days when most folks read Ebooks via PDA.. there a few dedicated Ebook readers out there the most famous being the Sony Reader that came out last fall. The thing to note when dealing with an ebook reader is the technology behind it.. the older ones use a digital screen like a pda or a regular electronic screen and the newer ones use an E-ink technology. The E-ink duplicates the true life reading exp ( display technology designed to mimic the appearance of regular ink on paper. Unlike a conventional flat panel display, which uses a backlight to illuminate its pixels, electronic paper reflects light like ordinary paper and is capable of holding text and images indefinitely without drawing electricity or using processor power, while allowing the paper to be changed.) The devices I researched were the Ebookman1100, Sony Reader and the Irex Illiad. There are more go here to view: http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix


Ebookman 1100- Older technology, great price 120 , includes built in dictionary, bookmark, highlighting and search technologies: Cons: conversion needed to read newer formats like PDFs etc.



Sony Reader- E-ink- Tad Pricey (350)



Irex Illiad:



My short opinion is yes it does look cool on the screen but until the price of E-ink devices comes down and they can include some kinda of backlight so the user doesn't have to purchase a reading lamp then I'll consider purchasing one of those devices for now its all about the Ebookman- So far I'm please I'm still going to be primarily a paper book reader the ebooks are just something on the side until Ebooks become more popular. So far my Ebookman experience has been cool. Bought one book from some random site A mythology joint cost 4$ and some change.. and it was purchased as a .lit file (read via MS Reader).. basically the only downside to the Ebookman is it natively only reads in .html,.doc,.rtf.txt but .lit,.pdfs and other ext can be converted down to a standard text file. The one thing about buying ebooks just like Itunes it has the DRM strip on it so that the file can't be shared with others. Not going to get into the specifics but there are programs out there that unecrypt your secure file so that you can convert and load to Ebookman w/o any problems .. basically what isn't hackable these days young!!







I'm turning into a lazy blogger.. I started the above post Saturday before I drove home to visit the fam.
I"ll have to finish the Ebook Reader comparison at a later time for now.


But to add on to my black soap post when I got home my mom surprised me with...


Nubian Heritage Black Soap with Shea Butter, Oats, Aloe and Vitamin E- I could tell the diff right away when I washed my face that night. That extra shea butter ingredient gave me more moisture instantly.. like i didn't even put any oil on my face that night because of that!! Props to mom dukes!!







Last topic:


Mad tonight came home washed my blankets and sheets thought I had more money on my laundry card didn't have enough to dry my stuff. Ran out to CVS bought some crap and tried to get cash back on my card so I could add the $$ to my laundry joint. So i have a mini- Bank of America card when i bought my stuff the machine wouldn't read it (too small) so did swipes it at the register I'm like dog i need cash back. "no we can't do that if i swipe the card' Bottom line i left w/ new febreeze and a candy bar, only to come home to wet blankets and sheets. Mind you I totally stripped my bed so.. I'm air drying my shit and sleeping on the sofa tonight and on that note IM OUT!!

No comments: