Tuesday, October 28, 2008

this post is 100% vegan

excuse the delay in btw posts I was on a roll there for a minute but of course my work schedule got in the way the past two weeks I was working at our lab site way out in Hellafar, VA hence about 1.5 -2 hr commute. I'm back to my regular 40-1hr commute as of today and what makes this hurt is the whole 2 weeks spent out there we still did not finish the project grrow!


before I begin let me give a quick FU to Ideeli..I had those scarfs on my waiting list (see last post) they were released for sale but because I'm a regular Ideeli member not first row (meaning you get 1st dips) those sukkas sold out QUICK..but I'm not going to upgrade my account unless I miss out on another bomb deal anyway I satisfied my lust via this H&M Scarf



so the detox is over i made it minus 1 or 2 days 'cheating'. I haven't given up some of the vegan/raw foods principles practiced. Matter of fact I haven't had any dairy in about 30 days+ still on the fence of completely giving that up but I have to decide quickly before I get real sick from going back to dairy. I have to give SOY props like I used to gag drinking Soy Milk but I like it that and Soy yogurt work for me. I think that I will keep eating eggs, though I haven't had any for a while just because vegan eggs are NASTY like yellow jello lmao. So right now I'm classifying myself a vegetarian (remixed) cuz def not going the extreme route wearing hemp clothes and giving all my fabulous bags to charity noooo way lol. I finally man'd up and cooked tofu at the crib, did a basic stirfry dish over brown rice (all recipes via the internet) used broccoli, snow peas, as the veggies- gotta expand on that I need them joints that come in fried rice from the carry out lol but I was happy with my lil meal. Gonna keep trying new things try and embrace eating healthy.


got two slight restaurant reviews:

Everlasting Life- Capitol Heights (they also have DC location up on the ave) My neice was scin this restaurant its 100% vegan/raw foods. I was leary given the location but it was run by some I wanna say Muslims.. and the food was bomb. Its a sit down and carry out spot pretty good space inside- you have been warned the clientele were jive all over the radar from militant (wearing medians ie flava flave era) to a bunch of tree huggers lol. I had cauliflower and cheese (aka like mac n cheese) some soy type fake meat and rice- cranking like that califlower n cheese was sooo filling. Gonna hit the spot on the ave providing its near Shaw or Petworth station.

Zaytinya- Downtown couple of blocks from MCI (never call it verizon) Center.


Found this joint via yelp.com (bomb site for authentic reviews). It serves mezza (meaning small plates) Greek/Mediterranean style food. FYI I'm finding that Mediterranean food is a good 'going out' spot for vegetarians. I took my co-worker out for her b-day, we had a variety of foods from hummus pita, grape leaves, falafel balls.. joint was good and prices were not bad.

also gotta give shouts out to my new fave drink


This drink is like my new coffee/tea replacement is got the wheat grass blends, algae all the nasty green foods blended with yummy fruit that tastes good (ignore the color) and give you great healthy energy boost


Yay! The NBA season started and I'm in my usual yahoo fantasy nba league. Here's my team:

Jose Calderon
Richard Hamilton
Carmelo Anthony
Emeka Okafor
Dwight Howard
O.J. Mayo
Richard Jefferson
Al Thornton
Delonte West
Chris Duhon
Matt Barnes
Jason Maxiell
DeShawn Stevenson

Been in this league 6 years now, won the championship once. Last year was in the finals, should have won forgot to set my roster 1 day so I'm trying win it all again. My squad's solid barring no injuries hopefully I'll make noise.


Nba thoughts:

I'm just gonna fake predict play off teams from East and West w/ some brief wanna be ESPN commentary

East

1. Celtics- KG and PP gonna keep the intensity.
2. Cavs- Lebron he's so good because minus Mo Williams teams slums.
3. Pistons- Quality year after year.. need to get another ring though.
4. Orlando- Will win division.. after Dwight and Rashad mediocre.
5.76ers- Jive a surprise team if everything clicks.
6. Raptors- My man Jose Calderon.. if they click could be higher ranked.
7. Wizards - hometeam respect but I'm still mad no Areanas no Haywood= no wins!
8. Miami- don't see Wade having another loosing season. Could be challenged by Bulls


West

1. Lakers- My boys better win it all this year!
2. Hornets- CP3 nuff said
3. Jazz- Sexy Deron another loaded team.
4. Mavs- Though Dirk is soft don't sleep on them.
5. Spurs- Hate Tim Ducan but I think they got another good year left esp when Manu comes back.
6. Houston- Everyone picking them to win it all - hell no how about get out the 1st round TMAC then I'll give you some props son.
7. Clippers- Not a bad squad.. folks sleeping on them. Also depends on which Baron Davis they get.
8. Blazers/Denver Mad Oden went down already was feeling the young blazers.. Denver they need to rebuild but Melo and AI could get them back in for another 1st round loss lol

MVP pick- LB23!!

I'm secretly Asian inside lmao.. let me stop stereotyping but I have a new love in the genre of electronica music Trance especially vocal trance. Now yall probably like WTF is that click for sample. I've been raping Itunes for free trance podcats joints be cranking I gotta go to Europe just to party forreal that's the source of the jamz. But since I'm in the DC area I had to search to find good dance/house/techno and the spot to find that is at gay dude clubs. Again yelp.com pointed me to Towne Danceboutique the spot that has draq queen shown (fri & sat nights) then its a straight party till 4am. I went again last weekend had a great time.



Queens be tall youngin! Like 6'5 wit heels lol!



Imma be out of pocket for a few days.. gotta head out of town (funeral) but let me leave on a funny note. The most hilarious Halloween costume I've seen.


No comments: