Saturday, December 20, 2008

1 Day until the glamorous Capricorn Season Starts

We are at a seasonal shift as the Sun leaves buoyant Sagittarius to enter ambitious Capricorn, the first sign of winter. Tomorrow is winter solstice which stands for the moment in time when we have the shortest day and the longest night but its symbolic because it represent the turning point in which the days become longer shortly afterwards.
The origin of the word solstice, which comes from Latin solstitium, from sol, “sun” and -stitium, “a stoppage.” Following the winter solstice, the days begin to grow longer and the nights shorter. Historically its been a time of celebration and its been associated with explanining the orgin of Christmas and other holidays around this time of year. So take some time out tomorrow and celebrate!

-------
Pardon my absence.. the last few weeks I tried to blog.. see proof below all the *DRAFT* half attempts at posting


many times in the last month i tried to blog but my jobs has DRAINED a sista like to the point I come home and I don't even want to get on the PC and thats like never happened before.. but let me explain why we have been swamped over at the D-Dept because of this "DOD bans the use of removable, flash-type drives on all government computers"

Quick summary :

The Defense Department has banned the use of removable flash media and storage devices from all government computers, according to a series of notices put out by the services this week.

The action comes following reports that a worm virus known as "Agent.btz" was discovered infecting some DOD networks, according to Wired magazine.

So because of some bamma's negligence my life has been a living hell. Lately I have stopped complaining because seriously every other headline in the Post is about some layoffs so I'm very bless to have a job in this turbulent time. I should be able to keep to my precious job if the pace of our workload continues like it has been. Due to that incident 3 huge taskers from the power high above came down with deadlines of ASAP so since we have 'ish scattered world wide takes time to collect the answers that need to be reported to the higher power above. Alas, I just chalk this up as a big learning experience for a person in her mid-twenties/mid-career. Its good to know that the work I do is important to protection the nation's info.

Enuff about work!

I'm actually hosting my b-day bowling party tonight so I can't "talk" long I'll be back with another post hopefully this week.. lots to talk about..catch up my black friday shopping till 4am story.. my new shopping finds.. My addiction to the new Beyonce and Keyshia Coles cds..kirkin on DC area sports

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!!

No comments: