Sunday, August 21, 2011

what have i been doing all summer?

working . traveling . gardening. enjoying life & shopping


LOL - hello! can you all believe we are looking at Fall my my time is rollin!

Let me pick up where I left off... so the DC move again my commute is wonderful but I tell ya what (king of the hill voice) lol not having my 495 has been killer.. meaning getting to places has been difficult. I must keep at it learning the DC streets. I've been enjoying taking the bike out to explore when I can get home by 6 and we don't have the kaboom thunder activity afterwork.

Now my bldg; granted I am not the friendliest person upon first glance but jeezus first of all everyone is import (new trend of DC) cars in the garage downstairs from Cali to Connecticut (alot of NYC of course).. these folks in here are not friendly I'm not going to play the race card but even when I try to put on a smile and 'ish *cold stares*. I swear I'm going to kirk out one good time on somebody next time they ask "do you live in the bldg?" Reminds me of Higher Learning "b1tch show me yo lease before u check me" LLS seriously .. big turn off!

ugh sprint service.. of course no way comparable to Verizon but I'll smile off the strength of my cheaper bill. I finally rooted my Android Phone to CyanogenMod (CM7) that def bought some stability to my phone and can I say i LOVE android.. while I have a macbook on my wishlist and respect iOS.. 'I LOVE ANDROID" The multi-desktops and widgets sold me.. now the security and stability - give it time and more on that later.

my current obsession:
i couldn't resist any longer and so glad i waited and did not hop on the IPAD bandwagon.
Got a tablet pc Android based (honeycomb) Motorola Xoom. My coworker put me onto woot.com so trust I did not pay full retail but OMG love love love my tablet.



Of course at work the Ipad mtg crew be going in... "why don't you carry your xoom to meetings" "why are you still using your paper agenda" I just realized as techy as I am LOL I'm a paper chick. Stickies, pen, pencils I write on paper - so I'm weaning myself off this habit. My beef with putting your life in a phone/tablet is security. I don't like clouds dont sync MY DATA.. I need everything password protected, encrypted - I need time to figure out how to secure my 'ish than I'm all for it. I tested Google 2 step password verification, in short summary send your device a code after you sign in with password. Gosh props to google joint worked so good I kept locking myself out but that's the type of 'ish I need. I'm such a private person I will be sad if my devices where lost but I'd die if my data was viewable by outside eyes.
my travels

Chicago


My job sent me here for 4 days for Auditing Oracle Application Course. Uhhh class blew my mind lol but OMG Chicago is a beautiful city. We stayed in downtown Chicago and did most of our exploring via foot lol. My coworker and I visited the Willard/Sears tower, Millennium Park and we ate well. Of course being a Vegan I didn't have time to find a place where I could get deep dish pizza but none the less the variety was on point.
I checked out the local tea scene which was dry... but Argo Teas was the local spot. I bought

Las Vegas

Embarrassing but this was my 1st time visiting "Sin City" My job sent me here in support of attending Black Hat (technical security conference). The conference no words was just blessing to be amongst so many smart individuals and learn about my field. Ok forget the slots forget the gourmet food options - the freaking shops :0 :0
I was just done with the lux brands being connected to my hotel
Shops as Pallazo kilt me..
I can't go back to Vegas alone... cuz nope I need a baby sister for my wallet LOL

& what happens in vegas... got shipped to DC
(badgirl)















Seattle

My family lives out here and since I was more than halfway across the country decided to spend the weekend in the Pacific NorthWest. The timing was perfect because although I've been to Seattle 4 times now my cousin was getting married so it was also a slight family reunion.
The usual coolness and clouds but I was able to get a peak at Mt. Rainer.
My cuzin took me to a fabulous tea shop in Tacoma - Mad Hat Tea. Overwhelmed I was...
picked up 2006 puerh tea cake, some black tea and ginger rooibos for my friend.
The owner was so sweet gave me a cup of ti kin yuan to go and man started my trip off on a bang!



my herbal garden

I'm going to make this a 2 part blog update To be continued....

No comments: