Thursday, April 21, 2011

Remixed-Roasted Plantains

Remixed this recipe from the web:

Vegan Approved -
My lovely naija friends put me onto plantains - and I normally eat them fried but unless im out- i don't fry food in my kitchen. I tried this plantains baked w/ olive oil and loved it- so figured this would be worth trying.

Ingredients
1 tablespoon raw cocoa butter
3 very well-ripened plantains (rinsed) salted lightly
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 tablespoons flaked coconut
2 tablespoons agave nectar

Steps
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cut ends off plantains; slice through peel lengthwise for easy removal. Remove peel; slice plantains thinly and place in medium bowl (lightly salt). Stir in melted cocoa butter, brown sugar and allspice, gently, until evenly coated. (Remove baking dish from oven.)
3. Spoon plantains into baking dish. Sprinkle with coconut; then drizzle with agave. Bake 12–15 minutes or until coconut is toasted and plantains bubble around the edges. Serve.


I'm not a fan of sweets so I was worried about taste- not bad mix...one thing I did was lace the pan w/ olive oil bc the plantains will burn easy- watch and turn often ! Next time I will use a lighter oil either sesame or coconut - the dish was pretty good but I could taste the EEVO not the best mix


sorry no pics -I got yall next time

No comments: