Tuesday, August 7, 2007

my life my life my life.. in the sunshine

um greetings... I haven't had much to blog about in terms of commentary so I'll just talk about whats been going on in me life..

My mom's been staying with me for a week, she lives on Wed. Its our annual thing her coming to stay with me. Its been okay so far, though I'm so not used to having someone taking over my space who I can't put out easily lol, nor am I used to being ordered around. I took her grocery shopping on the 1st day because she like she needs meat in her life and she's not sure about eating all the "0-ganic" food I have in the house lol. Its cool though she's cooking every night bought some authentic Eastern Shore crabmeat up along with some handpicked strawberries and white corn..yum nothing beats that fresh out the dirt taste lol. She has helped me clean up the apt some basically no mess is tolerated. I eat something leave the plate on the table.. come back past she's already washed and put it away like a cleaning Fiend. I will miss her presence after tomorrow but I'll be glad to have my TV back lol she be hogging that joint.


Harry potter- I'm tired of the madness.. seeing hordes of people (all ages) reading the newest book. I know its sci-fi/fantasy which is a genre I don't like but I do love literature, and curiosity has gotten the best of me. I've reserved book 1 from the local library, I'll post my opinion when I/m done reading.

FBI- Not that I would ever want to work from these guys but I know folks used to be griping about there extreme drug policy. If you danced w/ Maryjane more that 15 times forget about it..I guess someone realized how dumb, stupid this rule was hence its been changed slightly. Read full article here.
The buttoned-down FBI is loosening up: Under a little-noticed new hiring policy introduced this year, job applicants with a history of drug use will no longer be disqualified from employment throughout the bureau.

Old guidelines barred FBI employment to anyone who had used marijuana more than 15 times in their lives or who had tried other illegal narcotics more than five times.

Outside the FBI, most other federal agencies take a subjective look at past drug use by prospective employees. Here's a look at how some agencies weigh youthful indiscretion against more habitual use.

But those strict numbers no longer apply. Applicants for jobs such as analysts, programmers or special agents must still swear that they have not used any illegal substances recently -- three years for marijuana and 10 years for other drugs -- but they are no longer ruled out of consideration because of more frequent drug use in the past.
I think 3 years is adequate you shouldn't still be in that lifestyle if you aspire to be working for the upper echelon fedz but realistically you can't Ban folks for doing what young folks do.. i think tis a good comprise give folks a chance to redeem past actions. But those polys they make you take are suspect I know 2 people who failed from the drugs question who never touched anything illegal in there lives.. need work on secondary way to prove the truth. Quietly many professionals are still blowing trees and some whites are into that nose candy everyone on the low...

Andray Blatch- Bamma of the week! if you haven't read in the post already he got arrested for soliciting a prostitute. LOL this his strike 2 because his rookie year he got shot in an attempted car jacking. I still want him on our squad at minimal costs because I think he can be possible starter to good role player, plus the Wizards need SIZE+ DEPTH!!! Here's a chat transcript from his arrest Source: Washington Post
Defendant 1 (identified by police as Blatche) : "Hey, what's up with you?"
Undercover cop: "You tell me."
AB: I'm trying to see what you're doing."
UC: "Do you want (Blank) or (Blank)?"
AB: "Well, I want both."
UC: "And what about you?"
D-2 (identified as Palmer) : "I want the same."
UC: "I charge $80 but I do two at the same time."
AB: "Yeah, I'm good with it."
UC to Palmer: "And what about you?"
GP: "Yeah, $80 is good."
UC: Aight, you want to pull right?"
AB: "Naw."
UC: "I have a room right here."
AB: "Uh, ok?"


Jill Scott- Listen to the sampler-

CISSP Boot camp- Less than 2 weeks away For those not in the IT world a boot camp is 5-7 days away in local hotel where you go prepare for the exam you are prepped from 830am- 10pm, plus independent study is going on through out the hotel. I take the exam on Aug 24th. I'm supposed to be studying 25 hours prior to arriving on the 19th. The actually number of hours studied for Aug= 4. I have to step my game up something serious, because this the one blessing from this crappy job they paid the bill for camp ($2495) and the test ($500) and I don't want to have to come out of pocket to re-take the exam.

Next blog= NBA breakdown, league pass is essential this season..w/ the new rookies and the trades YES!

2 comments:

admin said...

I read the article about the FBI drug policy a few days ago. It’s a good move because the old policy was arbitrary. Like people are counting the number of times they’ve smoked! I don’t think so. Is the FBI the upper echelon of government? When it comes to employment in the federal government, time-in-grade and other benefits carry over from one agency to the next and people changes agencies all the time. The FBI happens to be the beneficiary of a well-known acronym (compared to other organizations like DNI or FTC) and a certain reputation given to it by the media.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.